Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day at the Zoo

I had a fantastic first Mother's Day with Nate. The day started with our Sunday morning ritual of the three of us drinking our coffee in bed (Nate's "coffee" = formula)...but this time Nate brought with him a card and a gorgeous necklace (my boys are too good to me). Nate had a little meltdown around his morning naptime (I guess his ears haven't cleared up completely yet) so we had to skip church to let him get his zzz's...but once he woke up we went to a delicious brunch with our mom's. It was such a perfect day out so we decided to spend the rest of the afternoon at the zoo. And we had so much fun! Nate had fun watching the animals, he loved the goats in the petting zoo, and he also got to take his first carousel and train rides! He giggled all afternoon (I was a little nervous after the morning incident). Somehow the best pics from Mother's Day are of Michael and Nate but that's ok...they are the best gifts a girl could ask for...

No comments: